|PIET ZWART INSTITUTE – MASTER OF EDUCATION IN ARTS|
Seeking a coordinator/producer knowledge production (0,2 FTE)
Deadline for applications: Monday July 12
Piet Zwart Institute / Willem de Kooning Academy The Piet Zwart Institute houses the international Master programmes of the Willem de Kooning Academy, Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences. The different programs offer a rich combination of in-depth specialization and transdisciplinary exchange with a view to imagining the future. Students and tutors come from around the globe, bringing a variety of languages, perspectives, cultural influences and international connections to an intimate learning environment.
The Master of Education in Arts is two-year part-time research master. The relation between practice and theory is a central feature of the program: students design and experiment with pedagogical models and tactics, as much as critically research them. Focusing on the interstices of research, pedagogical experimentation, interdisciplinary art/design practices, cultural critique and social practices, the course welcomes practitioners in the field of secondary and higher art/design education, museum education, as well as artists and designers, challenging the boundaries between socially engaged practices and experimental pedagogy. We regard collaborations, cross-pollinations and exchanges to be of essential value to the future of education.
The course has the ambition to mark 2021/2022 as a year to re-focus its engagement with public knowledge production directed to students within the course and the larger education al community. The current time of turmoil asks for engaging with and working collaboratively on invested topics on a pedagogical level. The applicant which we seek will work closely with the course director and an editorial team, and will carry responsibility for the coordination and production of public events and extra-curricular activities for students and staff within the course.
Duties and tasks will include
– The production and coordination of public events of the course, amongst others a symposium (December 2021) and publication (June 2022), as well as other extra-curricular activities for staff and students.
– Managing contact and communication with lecturers, authors, students involved in aforementioned events.
– Assisting the course coordinator and course director with public relations and the on line platform of the course.
– Excellent organization and coordinating skills and ample experience in producing (internationally orientated) events and publications. This may preferably also include the ability to think through alternative, workshop-like or embodied formats of public engagement.
– Strong communication, writing and editing skills, with an eye for detail as well as the ability to think creatively and experimentally about formats and how to distribute a publication to the right public(s).
– A curious, engaged, critical and research-like attitude.
– Ability to work independently, while carefully coordinating tasks in alignment with the staff and management of the course.
– Experience with working in larger educational/cultural institutions.
– An affiliation with and genuine interest in knowledge production in relation to recent developments in art and design education and/or experimental pedagogical/participatory practices.
– Excellent English language proficiency and professional communication writing abilities.
Caring collaboratorEfficient and creative organiserClear communicator Studious editor.
Application should include the following:
– Curriculum Vitae
– A letter of motivation
Salary and employment conditions
Hogeschool Rotterdam is able to offer a temporary contract of 0.2 FTE from September 1, 2021 to August 31, 2022. The salary ranges from € 2.848,45 to € 5.026,85 gross per month (scale 10-11) for a full-time employment, exclusive of additional 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
Please send your application directly to the course coordinator: Susana Pedrosa at firstname.lastname@example.org and course director Ingrid Commandeur at email@example.com.
All documents must be in English and in pdf format. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews to be scheduled in on Friday July 16.
The Piet Zwart Institute is committed to building and sustaining a community based on inclusiveness, equity and diversity, we encourage applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities and nationalities. For questions, please contact us by e-mail.
Agents in the Anthropocene: Trans/disciplinary Practices in Art and Design Education Today, photo by Thomas Walskaar.