Applications 2020 – 2021
The Piet Zwart Institute’s admissions committees review applications, interview, and accept candidates on a rolling basis from December 2019 to May 2020, until all positions in the cohorts are filled.
Due to the quantity of applications the Piet Zwart Institute Master programs receive, regulations regarding immigration, and international opportunities to apply for study funding, we strongly encourage you to apply early and to attend our February 1, 2020 open house if possible.
Once a committee has reviewed your completed application, you may be contacted for an interview.
NON EU applicants: Please pay close attention to information regarding tuition fees and details for international students, should this apply to you.
Applicants from the United Kingdom might be considered NON EU/ EEA depending on the outcomes of Brexit.
Important for applicants of the Master Design. This course follows a different application process. For more information please click here.
March 6, 2020: Priority deadline for completed applications of Dutch and EU applicants.
Final deadline NON EU applicants.
April 24, 2020: Final deadline for completed applications of Dutch and EU applicants.
Start of the academic year
The official academic year 2020/21 will start on September 1 2020.
Please use our online application tool if you wish to apply.
Please note: Together with your application you also need to register in Studielink. Go to Studielink and register with:
- 22 OJ (this stands for the Hogeschool Rotterdam or Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences)
Plus your choice of Master programme below:
- 49114 (99-MAUTV) (this stands for the Master of Arts in Fine Art and Design: Fine Art)
- 49114 (99-MMDV) (this stands for the Master of Arts in Fine Art and Design: Experimental Publishing)
- 49114 (99-MMDV) (this stands for the Master of Arts in Fine Art and Design: Lens-Based Media)
- 44760 (this stands for the Master Interior Architecture: Research + Design)
- 49117 (this stands for the Master of Education in Arts, part-time)
This process can take a few days before you receive an email with your 7- digit student number. Should you be applying to 2 different PZI Master programs you need to register only once.
For questions about the application procedure, please contact the Willem de Kooning Admission Office via:
Telephone: +31 (0)10 794 4631 (Monday – Friday)