PIET ZWART INSTITUTE
MASTER OF INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE: RESEARCH + DESIGN [MIARD]
ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
WILLEM DE KOONING ACADEMY
ROTTERDAM UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 JUNE 2017
START DATE: December 1, 2017
The Master Interior Architecture: Research + Design [MIARD] is inviting applicants for a newly established position as a postgraduate teacher of design with a strong focus on contemporary spatial and artistic practice with a multidisciplinary approach. An interest in materials, objects and craft is a plus.
We offer an international, professional and critical educational environment. The job involves a high degree of responsibility, contributory influence and the opportunity to make your mark working with talented students and staff on the production of space and design research. We value good collegial collaboration with scope for mutual inspiration and professional conversation. The post holder reports directly to the Course Director, and she or he would work collaboratively with other tutors within our integrated curriculum structure.
Our international program offers students a unique Master level multidisciplinary design-research education with a critical and experimental focus on the complex and developing field of Interior Architecture. For more information on the program visit: pzwart.nl/interior-architecture-research-design
- Development of a multidisciplinary postgraduate design-research project.
- Design studio leadership. The teacher meets with students one-day a week from January to June (7 months)
- Organize relevant guest lecturers, critics, public talks, collaborations and/or excursions that are course related
- Productive, collegial teamwork, active participation in program activities
- Course administration, program staff meetings and coordination with staff
- Co-supervise yearly activities related to publication and exhibition
- Supervision, assessments, archiving course and student work
- Contribution to the growing reputation and profile of the program
- Experience teaching at a postgraduate level
- Curriculum Vitae
- A portfolio of professional practice and a teaching portfolio (with samples of course and student work)
- A brief letter of motivation: teaching methods and pedagogical position
- Diploma at a postgraduate level
- Excellent English language proficiency is required
- Ability to handle research projects and other managerial functions
- Contact information of two professional references
- Letters of recommendations are a plus
- Work permit to be employed in the Netherlands
Piet Zwart Institute
The Piet Zwart Institute houses the international Master programs of the Willem de Kooning Academy Rotterdam University. Named after the pioneering Dutch designer Piet Zwart, who worked experimentally across different media and contexts, our institute offers a rich combination of in-depth specializations and interdisciplinary exchange in an intimate learning environment. For more information on the Piet Zwart Insitute: http://www.pzwart.nl
Salary and employment conditions
The Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) offers a temporary contract of FTE 0.2, with the possibility for extension. The salary range is HBO-CAO grade 12 (€ 4,122.09 minimum and € 5,301.29 maximum gross per month) for fulltime employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities, an attractive pension scheme, and allowance for a proper work/life balance. It is possible to negotiate offsetting travel costs for the appropriate candidate.
Please send your Qualification Requirements: motivated letter, curriculum vitae, professional and teaching portfolios, references, educational diplomas, letters of recommendation and Dutch/EU work status, documentation for compliance with the qualification requirements listed above before
15 JUNE 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. All documents must be in English.
A review committee will look at applications and invite short-listed candidates for interviews in July 2017. Position begins December 2017.
For questions please contact:
Susana Pedrosa t: +31 (0)10 794 47 16
Or Petra van der Kooij t: +31 (0)10 794 74 05
Image credit: Agnese Pellino, Berlin excursion, TOMÁS SARACENO STUDIO VISIT