Applications 2022 – 2023
The Piet Zwart Institute’s admissions committees review applications, interview, and accept candidates on a rolling basis from December 2021 to April 2022, until all positions in the cohorts are filled.
Due to the quantity of applications the Piet Zwart Institute Master programs receive, regulations regarding immigration, and international opportunities to apply for study funding, we strongly encourage you to apply early.
Once a committee has reviewed your completed application, you may be contacted for an interview.
NON EU applicants: Please pay close attention to information regarding tuition fees and details for international students, should this apply to you.
Applicants from the United Kingdom can check the website of the Dutch government for the most updated information about BREXIT and what this might mean for your status and tuition fee.
In compliance with the Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences and to respond to the ongoing situation with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), educational activities and offices of the Piet Zwart Institute are operating differently.
March 16, 2022: Priority deadline for completed applications of Dutch, EU applicants.
Final deadline non-EU applicants.
April 28, 2022: Final deadline for completed applications of Dutch and EU applicants.
Start of the academic year
The official academic year 2022/23 will start on September 1 2022.
How to apply?
Step 1: Together with your application you first need to register in Studielink. Please go to the Studielink website and register with the following codes:
- 22 OJ (this stands for the Hogeschool Rotterdam or Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences)
Plus your choice of Master programme below:
- 49114 (99-MAUTV) (this stands for the Master of Arts in Fine Art and Design: Fine Art)
- 49114 (99-MMDV) (this stands for the Master of Arts in Fine Art and Design: Experimental Publishing)
- 49114 (99-MMDV) (this stands for the Master of Arts in Fine Art and Design: Lens-Based Media)
- 44760 (this stands for the Master Interior Architecture: Research + Design)
- 49117 (this stands for the Master of Education in Arts, part-time)
- 49098 (this stands for the Master Design, part-time)
Please note that this process can take a few days before you receive an email with your 7- digit student number. Should you be applying to 2 different PZI Master programs you need to register only once in Studielink.
Step 2: Use our online application tool to upload all the required documents. Please check all the requirements here.
For questions about the application procedure, please contact the Willem de Kooning / Piet Zwart Admission Office via:
For more information on tuition fees and application requirements, please consult: http://www.pzwart.nl/application/